It was precisely for this reason that I held back for a long time too.
However, Zikula is better than Postnuke, and eventually, there comes a time to commit to the move, or start losing interest in the whole system itself, particularly since nothing is happening with Postnuke anymore.
There are some problems I faced, and some solutions I found, which I will be sharing in a series of posts here.
- The first, and key thing to do is to make a copy of your current sitemap, so that you have all the links.
- Do the upgrade as instructed after backing up the site.
- Go through your modules list with a fine toothed comb, and test them - navigate, access, edit, etc. Upgrade all those that have upgrades.
- Identify the ones that can't be upgraded and deactivate them for now.
- Navigate through your site and see which blocks don't show, which links don't work, and so on.
- Create a list of everything that is going wrong.